SEMIC 2012 - Semantic Interoperability Conference 2012 – Explore Technologies for Improved Interoperability and eGovernment Services
A plethora of initiatives are recently being announced in order to make interactions between public administrations, businesses and citizens more efficient and effective. Among them the Actions of the Digital Agenda for Europe, the Large Scale Pilots, the Actions of the Interoperability Solutions for European Public Administrations Programme, the eHealth Network on Cross-Border Healthcare, etc.
The Semantic Interoperability Conference 2012 – SEMIC 2012 – offers an opportunity to explore and discuss how semantic interoperability solutions are being embraced by eGovernment initiatives. The conference combines plenary sessions and interactive panels in an inspiring networking atmosphere. eGovernment and semantics experts will present their case studies and real-life examples and experiences with semantic technologies.
This one-day conference is organised by the ISA Programme of the European Commission as part of the Semantic Methodologies Action (Action 1.1).
The SEMIC 2012 will cover the following topics:
• Semantic interoperability
• Semantic technologies
• Metadata management
• Linked open data
The content of this conference will be most valuable to:
• Public Servants and professionals involved in national interoperability efforts at policy creation or implementation level;
• Representatives of large-scale pan-European projects;
• Representatives of standardisation bodies;
• System integrators, software vendors and consultants.
During the event participants will be able to learn from real-life experiences on semantics applied to eGovernment:
• They will meet people involved in semantic and eGovernment initiatives face-to-face, having the opportunity to contribute and to become part of the semantics community.
• They will learn how Asset Description Metadata Schema (ADMS) is used in joining semantic asset repositories in a federation to make a broad range of semantic interoperability assets available.
• They will gather information on how the Core Vocabularies contribute to cross-border electronic services.
A preliminary agenda for the SEMIC 2012 Conference is available on the event website.
This is a free conference open to all however registration is required. Interested participants may register here.
Event email: https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/contact