In a nutshell:
European Commission (DG Connect unit H3 Public Services) in collaboration with ePractice, is organising on 15 October 2013 an event to highlight ways to empower citizens in the decision-making process with the view to further strengthen democratic processes.
The workshop aims at:
1) Taking stock of the 5 eParticipation projects (Parterre, OurSpace, Puzzled by Policy, MyUniversity and Immigration Policy 2.0), to better disseminate their results and to enhance the reuse of the projects outcomes;
2) Preparing the future, collecting ideas on how eParticipation can improve the way public administrations work and are perceived by citizens.
Event Topics & Questions
Suggested workshop topics include but are not limited to:
- Analyse eParticipation initiatives: successes, take-up and impact;
- Re-use of existing eParticipation building blocks for collaboration and content management;
- eParticipation social and legal landscape;
- Links of eParticipation systems with political situation, digital literacy, infrastructure, information sources and communication media in the EU eParticipation platforms vs. other engaging initiatives i.e. the Wikipedia, Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter Successful eParticipation initiatives (local, regional, national, European);
- The future of eParticipation.
Public administrations (including European Commission), eGovernment experts, civil society representatives, Industry representatives, policy makers, politicians, academics, eParticipation projects' representatives, etc.
To register for this event, please create an ePractice account if you are not a current member. Subsequently, kindly login and once you are in this page, simply click on the yellow button on your right hand side that reads Participate in this event to activate your registration.
ePractice members can simply login and click on the same page as described above.
If you do not wish or are unable to register via ePractice, kindly fill in the manual registration form that you will find under Presentation & Documents below and send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission of summaries/PPT slides
To be considered by the Commission for a speaker placement for this event, kindly send a summary of one page of your intended presentation to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with a cc to email@example.com. Regarding your summary, please download and complete the "Proposal form" that may be found in the presentation and documents section below. Final presentation should not exceed 6 slides and should be concise and factual.
A few selected speakers will set the scene with a 15 minute presentation and the rest of the programme will be dedicated to roundtable discussions and networking purposes.
- Submission of summaries - presentations: 13 September 2013
- Speaker participation confirmation: 20 September 2013
- Submission of final presentations: 8 October 2013
- Event date: 15 October 2013
- Publication of Event proceedings: Beginning of November
ePractice TV Videos
Feedback videos about the workshop's format and the future of eParticipation: