Implementation and Management Approach
LICO is the application which allows oil traders to communicate the beginning of their activities in the distribution of wholesale natural gas products.
The Ministry of Industry, Energy and Tourism is the entity responsible to receive these communications, allow the beginning of activity and also communicate it to other organisms such as CNE (National Energy Commission) or CORES (Strategic Reserves of Petroleum Products Corporation).
The application also allows the operators to communicate modifications on their data in the system, change the name of the agent responsible for the communication with the Administration, communicate the activity termination, and every other information related to service provision.
Ministry managers use the application to control every gas natural trader' expedient, consult this information, manage the whole Registry and also integrate communications received, not only through the application, in order to centralize any information related to this area in only one place, LICO.
Finally, it's completely necessary to access the application with an electronic certificate in order to confirm your identity and the process of registering is equivalent to face to face register.
The application has been developed in C # and ASP.NET and AJAX, to achieve a significant improvement in usability, under the Visual Studio development environment NET 2005.
The deployment of the same has been carried out on an IIS 6.0 Web Server on Windows 2003 Advanced Server.
The persistence of data is accomplished, for its part, through the recording of a Manager Relational Database SQL Server 2005 on Windows 2003 Server.
To fulfill its functions, the system makes use of the following components:
- Electronic Registry of the Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Trade. For input and output of information from and destined to the public;
- Standard simplified and BPM. To manage the flow followed by each procedure;
- the reporting system to other agencies. In order to communicate relevant information to different energy agencies such as CNE or CORES;
- Certificate Validation System. To ensure the identity of citizens who communicate with the application;
- Module for automatic translation and language management. To facilitate the task of translation and manipulation of language in the application.
The use of BPM is a clear advantage it provides in relation to the management and maintenance of procedural flow.
Finally, the use of Web Services as a communication tool with other applications or services is also a clear advantage and offers independence it with regard to development of clients and servers.